gdm and radius accounting

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Sun Apr 20 20:23:59 CEST 2008

>I tried putting the line in the session section and it really works.
>the server received an accounting request of "start" at the user login
>and an accounting-request "stop" at logout.
>it's ok but what I really need is accounting because I can't wait for
>the user action to save informations in the db.

??? That's how accounting works. You might try returning
Acct-Interim-Interval (normal values are between 10 and 30 minutes) to
see if you will get updates for longer sessions.

If you are thinking of restricting sessions than have a look at
Session-Timeout and Idle-Timeout attributes. Again no guarantee that pam
module supports them.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika iSP