Q: on attr_filter.accounting_response

rsg ranil.santhish at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 11:28:36 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm using FR 2.0.2. I require that the Accounting response includes
"Reply-Message",

Could one simply add

Reply-Message =* ANY

into ../raddb/attrs.accounting_response file to achieve?

..

Accounting Section:

accounting {
        #
        #  Create a 'detail'ed log of the packets.
        #  Note that accounting requests which are proxied
        #  are also logged in the detail file.
        detail

        #  Return an address to the IP Pool when we see a stop record.
#       main_pool
         sqlippool
        #
        #  Log traffic to an SQL database.
        #
        #  See "Accounting queries" in sql.conf
        #sql

        #
        #  Instead of sending the query to the SQL server,
        #  write it into a log file.
        #
        #sql_log

        #  Cisco VoIP specific bulk accounting
        #pgsql-voip

        #  Filter attributes from the accounting response.
        attr_filter.accounting_response

        #
        #  See "Autz-Type Status-Server" for how this works.
        #
#       Acct-Type Status-Server {
#
#       }

I see that Reply-Message is supressed only

Proxy-State is carried by the accounting response

excerpt of packet Capture:
-------------
Radius Protocol
    Code: Accounting-Response (5)
    Packet identifier: 0xd (13)
    Length: 26
    Authenticator: A6D7BFC84BEF5B6A8B1047F4435DAA16
    Attribute Value Pairs
        AVP: l=6  t=Proxy-State(33): 30303064
            Proxy-State: 30303064

Commenting "attr_filter.accounting_response" from the accounting
section has the same effect.

What have I done missed in this? Thanks in advance for your help.