Seek through several RADIUS severs without realms

Ronen Kfir ronen.kfir at cidway.com
Tue Aug 5 15:57:12 CEST 2008

> Unfortunately I lost the previous message of this thread, where Alan

> Dekok's respond is presented.

> Anyway, the content of it was he offered to use groups membership. He

> also gave a specific file: rlm_passwd which should be configured in

> order to achieve groups membership as an indication which IAS server

> would respond each authentication request.

 No.  You configure groups on the FREERADIUS server.

> The thing is, though went over the help file of rlm_passwd a couple of

> times, I didn't see clear explanation how to configure it when working

> in IAS-Active Directory environment.

  If you're using IAS and not FreeRADIUS, don't ask questions here.

  If you're using FreeRADIUS a proxy to IAS, you can configure groups on
FreeRADIUS, and apply policies there.

  Alan DeKok.

Ronen Kfir:

I would like to use FreeRADIUS as proxy to IAS servers. The question now is
how do I create those FreeRADIUS groups and how do I manage the groups
membership within FreeRADIUS.