How to link radiusd statically?

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 5 17:48:43 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 16:40 +0200, Alan DeKok wrote:

>   I have no idea why vendors don't supply static libraries.  It's not
> like disk space is expensive these days.

Many of them do supply static libraries, but they are part of a
different package. At least on Red Hat-based systems, if you have a
libblotto package, it only installs the dynamic libraries. If you want
to link statically, then you need libblotto-devel. So you may just need
some -devel packages.

The problems with statically linking have already been pretty well
covered here by someone else.

--Greg