RES: Installation problem

Frederick William Borges Pohl frederick.pohl at oi.net.br
Tue Aug 5 18:40:00 CEST 2008

Alan
Thanks for the tip.

After running /sbin/ldconfig -v , I was able to execute radiusd.

The only weird thing is that the daemon is not showing when I type ps aux.

Even after running /usr/sbin/radiusd, nothing happens.

My ps aux | grep radiusd shows only the following:

root     25770  0.0  0.0   2112   660 pts/1    R+   13:33   0:00 grep radiusd

I tried installing using YAST and now I get the following error:

ns1:~ # /etc/init.d/freeradius start
Starting RADIUS daemon startproc:  exit status of parent of /usr/sbin/radiusd: 1 failed

This error message is probably not related to freeradius, but maybe someone has seen this error before and could clue me in on how to solve it.

Thank you,

Fred Pohl