Server not responding to requests

Yoho, Cindy Cyoho at umpublishing.org
Tue Aug 5 19:04:36 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I have freeradius 1.1.7 running on RHEL 5.  radtest works with a local
user setup, and also with authentication via Active Directory.  However,
anything outside the radius server host does not get a reply.  I have
configured a Multitech MA820 and also tried ntradping, and both get the
same results - "Could not receive a response from server" is the message
when I use ntradping, and "Server did not respond in a timely manner" is
the response when I try to connect from the Multitech.

Is there some setting I need to check to make sure external access is
enabled?

Thanks in advance ~

Cindy Yoho
Systems Engineer