Whether the FreeRADIUS supports switch 3Com 5500G-EI ?

Oxiel Contreras oxielc at yahoo.it
Fri Aug 8 01:17:24 CEST 2008

Hello Gennadiy.

I'm trying hard to achieve what you did, but with no success.

Could you please let me know which firmware were you using on this switch,
against what clients (native windows xp service pack 3 or windows vista
radius client maybe ?)

I'm trying to authenticate through PEAP with native radius client on windows
xp sp3 and windows vista with FR2.0.5 with PEAP, and this model of 3com
5500G-EI :

<5500G-EI>dis version
3Com Corporation
SuperStack 4 Switch 5500G-EI Software Version 3Com OS V3.02.04s168
Copyright (c) 2004-2007 3Com Corporation and its licensors, All rights
reserved.
SuperStack 4 Switch 5500G-EI uptime is 0 week, 0 day, 11 hours, 41 minutes

3Com SuperStack 4 Switch 5500G-EI 24-Port with 1 MIPS Processor
128M    bytes SDRAM
16384K  bytes Flash Memory
Config Register points to FLASH

Hardware Version is REV.C
CPLD Version is 002
Bootrom Version is 4.03
[Subslot 0] 24GE+4SFP  Hardware Version is REV.C
[Subslot 2] 2 STACK Hardware Version is REV.C

Did you change something else on your switches or is only what you uploaded on
the list, maybe something on windows or FR ?

Best regards.

Oxiel