PAP what password encryption is used?

Nicolas Goutte nicolas.goutte at extragroup.de
Fri Aug 8 14:13:14 CEST 2008

Am 08.08.2008 um 13:25 schrieb sphaero:

> Nicolas Goutte-2 wrote:
>>
>> PAP needs cleartext passwords
>>
>> See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Password_authentication_protocol
>>

> Yes, I know. But in order to match the cleartext password to the
> encrypted
> password in the database it needs to know what encryption is used.

Sorry, I have answered too quickly. It is not PAP that needs
cleartext passwords on the server.

> Rg,
>
> Arnaud Loonstra
> --
> users.html

Nicolas Goutte

extragroup GmbH - Karlsruhe
Waldstr. 49
76133 Karlsruhe
Germany

Geschäftsführer: Stephan Mönninghoff, Hans Martin Kern, Tilman Haerdle
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Münster / HRB: 5624
Steuer Nr.: 337/5903/0421 / UstID: DE 204607841