Help needed for radrelay under 1.1.3

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 12 17:45:37 CEST 2008

Ryan wrote:
> Need some help on radrelay for 1.1.3 if possible.

  Upgrade to 2.0.5.  The radrelay functionality is integrated into the
server core, and works much better than 1.1.x.

> Have tried running radrelay in debug mode but was not able to find any
> error other than the following
> rad_verify: Received Accounting-Response packet from client
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 1813 with invalid signature (err=2)!  (Shared
> secret is incorrect.)

  Well... fix that.  Really.  It's making radrelay not work.

> Both radius are running 1.1.3.
>
> The error is rather strange as I'm sure that the shared secret is correct.

  (a) the shared secret is wrong.
  (b) the MD5 libraries on the system are broken
  (c) the memory on the system is corrupt.

  Pick one.