radsniff

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Aug 24 08:47:18 CEST 2008

Lemaster, Rob wrote:
> Thank you for your quick reply. I tried radsniff -h before posting.
> What I'm hoping to do is to troubleshoot a particular user, but I don't think I'm using the -r option correctly.

  The RADIUS attribute filter is a set of RADIUS attributes, just like
in the "users" file.  e.g.:

	... -r 'User-Name == "bob"'

> # ./radsniff -i lo -rFOO -ssecret -X
> radsniff: Invalid RADIUS filter "(null)": expecting operator

  That's a bug.  It should print something other than NULL out.

> No matter what I use for -r, I get the same reply. When I use it without -r, I get basically the same as radtest output.
> Could you reply with some examples of the correct usage of this command?
> Is it possible to do a regex on a username or on Access-Rejects with radsniff?

  Hmm... looking at the source code... that doesn't work for some odd
reasons.  I've committed a fix.  See git.freeradius.org for the new code.

	... -r 'User-Name =~ "bo*"' ...