Building & Installing on Red Hat Systems (Was: Make error - Solved)

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Dec 2 00:56:03 CET 2008

There has been a fair amount of confusion over how to get FreeRADIUS
packages for Fedora, RHEL, and CentOS, how to perform a build if a
pre-built package is not available, and how to do some basic maintenance
tasks.

So I've created a new FreeRADIUS wiki page with Red Hat specific
information:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ

If you discover the information is incomplete or in error please let me
know and I'll update it.

I will reiterate what has been expressed in several recent threads, if
you need to build and/or install FreeRADIUS for Fedora, RHEL, or CentOS
your pain threshold will be greatly diminished if you use RPM's
developed and distributed for Red Hat systems rather than trying to
build from the raw source tarball. The reasons and procedures are
hopefully sufficiently well explained in the FAQ (if not let me know and
I'll fix it).

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>