WPA: Failed to get master session key from EAPOL state machines

Alexandre Thieme Reis thieme.reis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 17:12:27 CET 2008

After i upgrade my fedora core 9 (freeradius 2.02) to fedora core 10
(freeradius 2.1.1) i receive this message when i attempt to connect to
freeradius server.

EAPOL: EAP key not available
WPA: Failed to get master session key from EAPOL state machines

My configuration:

Server: fedora core 10 with freeradius 2.1.1
AP: linksys wrt54g (configured to wpa2/enterprise authentication)
Client: kubuntu 8.10 with wpasupplicant 0.6.4)

With fedora core 9 and freeradis 2.0.2 all work fine (the
configuration is the same - before upgrade fedora i make backup and
after upgrade, restore)

attached radiusd.tgz with the files:
clients.conf
eap.conf
eapol_test.conf
eapol_test.log
radiusd.conf
radiusd.log
users
wpa_supplicant.conf
wpa_supplicant.log

If configure the acces point and client to wpa2-psk and i run
eapol_test with eapol_test.conf althentication succed!

What is wrong? (the server configuration, the access point, the client or I)?
Thanks for help!

PS: Excuse my poor english.