OT - Question about Switches

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Dec 2 20:37:44 CET 2008

Sorry for the noise but this is actually related to my struggles with
FreeRadius

I am using FreeRadius and authenticating Windows RAS users (PPTP)
Macintosh users via the same Windows RAS server using PPTP or L2TP,
Macintosh WAP clients and iPhone clients without a problem.

I am struggling with Windows clients both WAP and L2TP to the same
Windows RAS server and I'm beginning to wonder if the problem is the
switch I am using because endless google searching turned up a problem
somewhere (I've forgotten which I read).

I'm using a Dell PowerConnect 6248 switch which is a managed switch. Is
it possible that it is interfering with some of the connections?

My Windows WAP clients endlessly try to authenticate as 'anonymous' and
my Windows L2TP connections don't seem to ever get to the Windows RAS
server though a Macintosh using L2TP sailed right on through.

I'm grasping at straws.

Craig