Time based billing

regs at kinetix.gr regs at kinetix.gr
Wed Dec 3 23:02:14 CET 2008

I think, it depends on the complexity of the rate DB data-structure.
And on the skills of the programmer. Some people prefer using pr. languages
and others DB specific languages. In one of my previous projects the
business
logic was too complicated for a DB specific language (at least for my
skills) so
I went for the rlm_perl way. I think for a programmer with limited
experience
on any commonly used language writing an rlm_perl handle for radius will
not take long.
After all perl is fairly simple. Anyone who has little experience using
c or php or java
would need only a working day to get started. Even the connections to
the DB are simple
since DBI provides a very simple to understand interface (all the
internet how-tos I searched
when I started with perl and DBI had the extact 5 lines of code, even
the same variable names :)).

Sorry if I sound like a rlm_perl preacher... but I use it on a
production system and it works like
a charm.