How to parse the "value" in an accounting message and print the contents In "detail-..." file?

al pat alps.oss at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 18:53:40 CET 2008

Hello,
I am trying to decode accounting message from a device which sends
PacketCable Event Messages.

These are VSAs and the payload has a custom format.

Freeradius dumps the octet string of the length of the message which it
cannot decode (due to custom format)

I want to dump these specific attributes in the message. How do I go about
doing that?
I want to dump the output in the "detail-..." file along with the other
attributes.

I am using freeradius version 1.1.7 (built March 10, 2008)  on ubuntu with
linux kernel 2.6.26-19

Thank You.
-a