accounting bug in Mikrotik

Santiago Balaguer García santiagoawa at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 11 09:21:54 CET 2008

Hi,

   I am working with freeradius and mikrotik gateway for a long time, but recently I detect in my PostgreSQL database, in radacct table some inconsistencies. First af all, I say that I have the standard configuration file (postgres.sql) for accounting queries.
  My problem is sometimes the field acctstoptime is full when the user is connected. I can see the user in my hotspot as alive session. What is my problem? the issue is all interim update queries are rejected because the SQL update query does not find the folloing SQL WHERE:
          AcctSessionId = '%{Acct-Session-Id}' AND UserName = '%{SQL-User-Name}' AND FramedIPAddress= '%{Framed-IP-Address}' AND AcctStopTime IS NULL
because AcctStopTime = '<date>'

  When this field is fill in? Another thing is when the acctsopttime is not null, too the acctterminatecause = '' (it is a blank, instad of a NULL value) .

   Thanks.