freeradius not responding on machine specific IPs

kevin rat at yia.ca
Sat Dec 13 07:22:40 CET 2008

Thanks Jason, but I might have been unclear.  Sorry about that.

I'm using fake data to send to the radius server.  I do not care if it
passes or fails.  I simply want the server to respond when I send a
message to x.x.3.199 (the network address of the machine) just as it
does when I send a request to the localhost address on the machine.

It does respond to localhost, it does not respond to the network
address.  That's where the problem lies, that I am trying to figure out.

Thanks again, though.

The network I am trying to authenticate is remote from the radius
server, so I cannot use localhost.  Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about
it...  Eventually, the remote location will be running covachilli or
something similar.  But for security (equipment) reasons, I cannot put a
server at that end, so must do authentication remotely, at this end.

Cheers,

Kevin