R: Postgress SQL connections

Massimiliano Tarquini m.tarquini at 4it.it
Sun Dec 14 19:33:14 CET 2008

We are using the same freeradius as a proxy and it works fine running onto a
different machine.
The proxy auth the outer EAP-TTLS then asks to the radius to auth the inner.

It is connected at the same postgres server as the radius, but it works
fine. After a few time of inactivity (no auth requests incoming) the proxy
try to auth the inner with the radius, the radius accept the auth request,
try to query the database. At this point the radius starts logging

> Sat Dec 13 16:20:01 2008 : Error: WARNING: Unresponsive child for request
> 11657, in module sql component authorize

All the connections to the database are up, no lock onto the databse tables
are detected, but the database server works fine with the proxy.

>The connections *exist*, but the server is telling you that they are
>not working.
>If the databse is working fine, then the problem is the DB client API.

May be, but why do the proxy works fine?

> We tried to schedule a -HUP signal every 5 minutes, but it has non effect.

  >The DB client API will likely re-try on interrupt signals.

What do you mean?

There is a firewall between the radius and the database (not between the
proxy and the database). May the firewall cause the problem?

Thanks for all
Max

4IT S.r.l.
Massimiliano Tarquini | Amministratore unico

Via Udine 30-36, 00161 Roma

Phone +39 06 97601680

Mobile +39 392 9660669

Fax +39 06 97601683

m.tarquini at 4it.it
www.4it.it
“Il presente messaggio e gli eventuali allegati sono di natura
confidenziale.  Qualora vi fosse pervenuto per
errore, vi preghiamo di cancellarlo immediatamente dal vostro sistema e di
avvisare il mittente. Grazie.”
“This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying attachments contain
confidential information. If you
have received this communication in error, please immediately delete the
E-mail and either notify the sender.
Thank you.”