Re: Is it possible to use FreeRADIUS as AAA in a Cellular Network?

Aldo Zavala aldo at cleartalk.net
Mon Dec 15 06:36:54 CET 2008

Thanks Ranil Santhis and Luis Carlos Toledo for your reply,

I have read in the PDSN GUI help that the interface for AAA must be a logic interface, then I looked in the PDSN configuration and I found two PI (logical) interfaces, here the part of PDSN config that I think is AAA related:
[conf]
#
interface Piif3/0/0
 ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.255
#
interface Rpif3/0/0
 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.255
#
a11 enable
pcf 192.168.0.200 192.168.1.1 256 skey 1234567891234567
#
construct domain huawei
domain enable
domain AAAclientsig 1
domain address-group huawei 0 0 10.0.0.51 50
domain dns huawei 0 209.145.204.26 bip 209.145.204.20
#
charge enable
weekday  6  1
weekday  5  0
weekday  4  0
weekday  3  0
weekday  2  0
weekday  1  0
weekday  0  1
#
[/conf]

- Can please tell me if this is what I need to co nfigure the PDSN with the FreeRADIUS?
- What should I start configuring in the FreeRADIUS side?
- Also, I was googling and didnt found what A11 is and why we need it here, can please tellme something about that?

Thanks again guys.