MAC Auth (new problem)

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Mon Dec 15 22:22:38 CET 2008

>In my case I can't look for MAC in Username field and I have to look for
>that mac in Value field. Hope that have a way to make this happens.

You don't seem to get the problem. You have set up your AP to do mac
authentication. When you do that, mac address is sent in the username
filed. If you don't want that, don't set your AP to do mac auth. Set
it to do user authentication. When you are doung user auth, mac address
should appear as Calling-Station-Id (should).

There is *nothing* you can do in freeradius that will make your AP do
this. You have to configure the AP to do that.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP