rlm_perl authentication override

Henry henka at cityweb.co.za
Thu Dec 18 10:19:09 CET 2008

Perhaps if I try another approach:

Using rlm_perl, if a request is received and I want to accept the
login without performing any normal auth (in authorize()), what would
I need to return?

Constructing the $RAD_REPLY packet is no problem.

What to return to force an Access-Accept has me stymied.
RLM_MODULE_OK will lead to normal auth (and failure);
RLM_MODULE_HANDLED results in no further processing (ie, no response
is sent to the NAS); RLM_MODULE_UPDATED also proceeds to normal auth
(and failure).

RLM_MODULE_HANDLED seems to be the answer, but how do I first send the
Access-Accept response in authorize() followed by "return
RLM_MODULE_HANDLED;" to stop further processing?  Unfortunately there
isn't a RLM_MODULE_ACCEPT return value.

Any pointers to relevant docs or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
Henry