FreeRADIUS 2.0.4, Prefix/Suffix

Robert Borz robert.borz at web.de
Fri Dec 26 23:55:35 CET 2008

Hi,

I installed FreeRADIUS version 2.0.4 on Debian Lenny from the standard package repositories and setup a simple configuration just authenticating against the users file to test this Prefix/Suffix stuff which I’ll need later in production.

It doesn’t matter if I define Prefix or Suffix, they never match – either in the hints nor in the users file. Here’s one of the users file I tried:

----------------- /etc/freeradius/users -----------------

DEFAULT Prefix == "P"

        Service-Type = Framed-User,

        Framed-Protocol = PPP

DEFAULT Prefix == "C"

        Service-Type = Framed-User,

        Framed-Protocol = SLIP

"Cpeter"        Cleartext-Password := "secret1"

"Pjason"        Cleartext-Password := "secret2"

Possibly a bug? Thanks for your help…

Robert