Some Help Regarding Remote Free Radius Server.

pushpraj nimbalkar pushpraj4u at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 12:15:53 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Anders Holm <anders.holm at sysadmin.ie> wrote:
> pushpraj nimbalkar wrote:
>
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
> wrote:
>

> pushpraj nimbalkar wrote:
>

> You have not read full message. I am using rlm_sql and i already added
> 59.181.96.194 to my nas list. look at below error
>  rlm_sql (sql): Read entry nasname= 59.181.96.194,shortname=AP2,secret=
>

> Not sure if that is significant here or not, but the IP address also has a
> space in front of it, both above and in the below.
>
>  rlm_sql (sql): Failed to look up hostname  59.181.96.194: ip_nton:
>
> i hope it's clear now.
>

>  Yes.  You need to configure DNS a DNS server on your network.
>
>  Alan DeKok.
> -
>

> Thank you for reply but still i am not clear. because i have already
> running DNS server in my network and my freeradius server using same
> DNS. my resolve.conf has following entries.
> "nameserver 192.168.1.1"
>

> What you do not seem to have is a reverse mapping of the IP address to a
> hostname setup. Called a PTR record. Check the manual for your DNS server,
> and check with the people who own the IP address range who should do this,
> you or them ...
>
> it's my local DNS server.
> and my radius server local ip address is 192.168.1.12 and public ip
> address is 203.196.177.199
>

> *shudder* There is no need for you to give the layout of your network in
> those details.
>
> //anders

Ok....my one problem solved.....as you mention there was  space before
ip address.
 i corrected the same and now radius again rejecting request error is:

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host x.x.x.x port 2054, id=0, length=195
Received packet from x.x.x.x with invalid Message-Authenticator!
(Shared secret is incorrect.) Dropping packet without response.
Going to the next request

actually i really dont know what to do with shared secret as ADSL
router dont have option of defining radius server. so how can i define
radius secret.