freeradius v.2.0.1 and Cisco 1200AP IOS V.12.3

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Feb 5 21:03:25 CET 2008

Hi,

> I have been working with freeradius v.2.0.1 and a
> Cisco 1200 Series Access Point (version 12.3 IOS) for many months now
> with no success to getting this working.  I am doing research on
> freeradius product for a univeristy campus that I go to for
> implementation in the near future.  I am out of ideas of how to
> configure this correctly.  I still to this day do not have my Cisco
> 1200 AP authenticating with freeradius version 2.0.1.  Does anyone have
> a configuration setup of this type of scheme or are willing to tell me
> how to start from ground up to make this work.  My plan is simple at
> this point.  I want to use freeradius, a Cisco 1200 Series Access
> Point, and one windows xp pro client to connect to the AP and
> authenticate against freeradius.  I appreciate any input on this
> matter.  Thanks again open source community.

most of us would simply follow the FreeRADIUS EAP-TLS guide (which
covers PEAP etc too!) - which works 'out of the box' when you
do a make install and run it for the first time,

followed by following the cisco document on how to configure WPA
for the 1200 series AP.

then, configure FreeRADIUS client.conf to allow the AP to talk to
the FR server

install the FR CA cert onto the Windows client. et voila. thats
most of the work done (or all of it if you EAP-TLS)

so. what exactly is your problem?

have you followed the cisco docs so that your AP is configured to
do WPA and has the RADIUS server configured ?  whats the debug
output from your FR daemon?

alan