no start of radiusd after reboot : mysql connection error

Fri Feb 8 10:57:46 CET 2008

Jeffrey Hutzelman a écrit :
>> Wed Feb  6 16:17:49 2008 : Error: rlm_sql_mysql: Mysql error 'Can't
> connect to MySQL server on '192.168.1.1' (113)'
>
> Errno 113 is EHOSTUNREACH.  Either there is no route to the MySQL
> server, or it locally-connected and not answering ARP's, or something
> is filtering the traffic.  Check your routing table and the filters on
> both machines and any network devices you might have between them.
>
> -- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <jhutz+ at cmu.edu>
>   Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

The thing is that just after boot, when launched as root with
/etc/init.d/radiusd start, it works ! But I tested something interesting
: I added a ping test in the /etc/init.d/radiusd script :
case "$1" in
  start)
        echo "test : ping BDD to see if connection is available"
        ping -c 2 bdd.domain.com
        echo "test result : $?"
        echo -n $"Starting RADIUS server: "
        daemon $RADIUSD -y

And it worked ! (so network is ok, since the DNS resolution works...)
But without a ping, nothing comes in tcpdump on the BDD server.
So, its like I had to "wake up" the network functions for freeradius
before being able to talk to the database host.
I must precise that a lot of other network services are launched - and
work fine - on the freeradius host before freeradius (dhcp, sendmail, etc).

So any new idea ?
Thank you very much for your precious help !

Laetitia