Freeradius2 and proxing

Vincent Magnin Vincent.Magnin at unil.ch
Fri Feb 8 15:24:14 CET 2008

I do not receive any comment about my supplied patch.

I will try to explain my issue better:

Freeradius 2.0.1 (or latest CVS):
src/modules/rlm_realm/rlm_realm.c:
> /*
>  *      Allow DEFAULT realms unless told not to.
>  */
> realm = realm_find(realmname);
> if (!realm) {
>    DEBUG2("    rlm_realm: No such realm \"%s\"",
>           (realmname == NULL) ? "NULL" : realmname);
>    return 0;
> }
> if (inst->ignore_default && (strcmp(realm->name, "DEFAULT")) == 0) {
>    DEBUG2("    rlm_realm: Found DEFAULT, but skipping due to config.");
>    return 0;
> }

realname contains the realm (suffix/ntdomain authorize).

If the 'realname' is not defined in proxy.conf and if a DEFAULT realm
is defined in proxy.conf; realm_find returns NULL.

Thus, the correct debug message is shown:
> lm_realm: No such realm "example.com"

But, DEFAULT realm is not handled (-> return 0).

 From my point of view, something is missing here to handle the DEFAULT realm.

Regards,

Vincent Magnin