Could not link driver rlm_sql_mysql

johnson elangbam elangbamjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 12:53:10 CET 2008

Hi Alan,
            Thanks for helping me in configuring my freeradius with mysql.
I've uncommented the "sql" in the file
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default . And now I've seen message
trying to commucinate with mysql. But still there is a problem of not
getting the mysql driver. I am using MySql 4.1.2. Please suggest to work
out. Here is the piece of output emphasizing the errors.

rlm_sql (sql): Could not link driver rlm_sql_mysql: rlm_sql_mysql.so: cannot
rlm_sql (sql): Make sure it (and all its dependent libraries!) are in the
search path of your system's ld.
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sql.conf[22]: Instantiation failed for module "sql"
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[123]: Failed to find module
"sql".
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[33]: Errors parsing authorize
section.

With Regards,
Elangbam Johnson