header enrichment

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Feb 27 14:51:45 CET 2008

mauro wrote:
> Normally in a mobile services there's no specification into the header
> about connection type.

  Which header?  You are assuming that everyone here is familiar with 3g
terminology.  You were already told we were not.

> many sniffing were done but only specific equipment allows to enrich the
> header with this inofrmation,

  Could you describe what you mean in more words?  It is meaningless to
say "enrich the header".  We have no idea what you mean by that.

> for example some particular charging proxy.
> We need to have this information cause from server side could be
> interesting to give to the user different services according to the user
> connections.
> now i asked, if freeradius can help us in this.

  We know you asked this.  We cannot help you if we have no idea what
you're talking about.

  And we said we don't know much about 3g.  Perhaps you could describe
what you're talking about using more words.

  Simply repeating comments about "3g" and "header" and "connection
type" is a waste of time.  *Describe* what you're doing, using words
OTHER than "enrich the header".

  If you can't, then I suspect that any answer we give will be
incomprehensible.