header enrichment

Guy Davies aguydavies at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 18:06:01 CET 2008

Hi Mauro,

VSA means Vendor Specific Attribute.  Vendors can provide 'private'
attribute value pairs (AVPs) that are only understood by their
equipment so that you can send them information that is not supported
natively by the standard RADIUS protocol.

If the vendor of your device that would actually perform the header
enrichment function can make a query to a RADIUS server based on some
'username' derived from the information available to it (would the
user have to login via a web portal first?) then the RADIUS server
could return attributes associated with that user.  You could
theoretically create 'groups' that relate to particular handsets/UA
strings and return attributes based on that info, but you still have
to have a username.

Rgds,

Guy