Radius Load-Balancing concept

liran tal liransgarage at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 12:42:19 CET 2008

Hey Sebastian,

I am unsure what your end goal is but consider the following:

The FreeRADIUS serves will be load balanced by something like LVS,
where you'd have a single IP address shared by both servers,
requests will go through either of them (not both). Or you can go
for the fail-over situation where you have a "main" freeradius server
and if it goes offline for some reason all the traffic goes to the other
one.

For the database servers you can do the same.

Regards,
Liran.