Freeradius and eDirectory

Generic Generic rmc0111 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 17:09:51 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm setting up Freeradius 1.1.4 on a SUSE 10 server for our wireless users
with XP SP2 using PEAP. Because we use eDirectory I strip the computer name
from the username, not every users uses the Novell client. The user get
authorize but I can't get the authentication to work. For some reason the
first character of the users password is change for a "a", if the first
character is a "a" then it is change for something else. ???

I installed the 885453 and 917021 patches for Windows XP SP2 and changed the
supplicant mode to 3, didn't help.

This problem does not occur with users using the Novell client SP4.

 I included a few lines from the debug, the password should be mypassw
instead of aypassw.

Robert

rlm_ldap: bind as cn=User1,ou=Techs,o=ORG/aypassw to
rep01.mydomain.ca:389 <http://rep01.mydomain.ca:389/>

 res_errno: 49, res_error: <NDS error: failed authentication (-669)>,
res_matched: <>