Freeradius and eDirectory

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jan 4 18:35:21 CET 2008

Generic Generic wrote:
> I'm setting up Freeradius 1.1.4 on a SUSE 10 server for our wireless
> users with XP SP2 using PEAP. Because we use eDirectory I strip the
> computer name from the username, not every users uses the Novell client.
> The user get authorize but I can't get the authentication to work. For
> some reason the first character of the users password is change for a
> "a", if the first character is a "a" then it is change for something
> else. ???

  The default configuration of FreeRADIUS doesn't re-write passwords
this way.  In fact, it doesn't re-write passwords at all.

  Either you changed something on your local system to re-write the
passwords like this, OR this is actually how the passwords are being
received by FreeRADIUS.

  If this is how the passwords are being received by FreeRADIUS, then it
is NOT a FreeRADIUS problem.  Go fix the client, or use a client that works.