rlm_perl build on mac osx

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Jan 18 21:19:48 CET 2008

Hi,

several folk run FreeRADIUS on MacOSX already - and Apple even
have added code themselves - I believe FR is the fundamental
EAP system in eg latest airport/timecapsule product (though
I may be wrong on that aspect of usage! ;-) )

> 2] Is perl only a build dependency for rlm_perl, or does the module make
> runtime calls to external perl libs?

correct. its only for rlm_perl

> 3] I've discovered with an install of perl 5.10 that, during configure (of
> freeradius 2), the linker chooses the /System/Library/5.8.6... over the new
> perl ( at {prefix}/lib/perl/5.10.0 ). The only thing I can guess is that
> when searching for perl libs/includes, the linker only expands to seek
> version n.n.n and does not recognize a two digit subversion n.nn.n. If
> that's what's happening, is that patchable?

or likely its a PATH problem and you have to tell it where your 5.10.0
is living.

alan