Support for RFC4372 (Chargeable User Identity)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jan 21 16:46:17 CET 2008

Maja Wolniewicz wrote:
> I'm now running freeradius from CVS
> FreeRADIUS Version 2.0.1-pre
>
> in post-auth I have:
> if ("%{FreeRADIUS-Proxied-To}" == "127.0.0.1") {
> if ("%{Chargeable-User-Identity}") {

  Please fix this.  Putting double quotes around *everything* was never
necessary, and is much less necessary in 2.0.1.  See the examples from
my original message, and in "man unlang".

  What you want is:

  if (FreeRADIUS-Proxied-To == 127.0.01) {
  if (Chargeable-User-Identity) {

>         update reply {
> Chargeable-User-Identity:="%{reply:Chargeable-User-Identity}@%{Realm}"
>         }

  Huh?  You're updating the reply attribute with the reply attribute?
What do you think this is doing?

> and it still doesn't work for me:

  Perhaps you could explain why you think it should do *anything* useful.

> when Chargeable-User-Identity in request has a nul value, I'm getting:
>         expand: %{Chargeable-User-Identity} ->
> ? Evaluating ("%{Chargeable-User-Identity}") -> FALSE

  Update this to use my example above.  See also "man unlang":

     If  the  word ’foo’ is not a quoted string, then it can be taken
     as a reference to a named attribute.  See "Referencing attribute
     lists", below, for examples of attribute references.  The condi‐
     tion evaluates to true if the named attribute exists.

  This *is* documented.  I *did* say I had updated the documentation.