Support for RFC4372 (Chargeable User Identity)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jan 21 18:03:31 CET 2008

Maja Wolniewicz wrote:
> Thanks. Now it works.

  That's good to hear.

> Yes, I want to add current realm to reply attribute
> Chargeable-User-Identity which comes form LDAP.
> When Chargeable-User-Identity attribute isn't present in request I want
> to remove Chargeable-User-Identity from reply.

  There's a simple answer: don't add something if it's not needed.
Adding it and then deleted it is complicated, and prone to errors.

  Instead, add it *only* if it's necessary.  This may involve update the
LDAP maps to use a temporary attribute.  e.g. map the LDAP data to
"My-Chargeable-User-Identity", and then map that to
Chargeable-User-Identity only when necessary.

  See raddb/dictionary for how to define local attributes like this.