Building FreeRadius 2.0 on Mac OS X fails

Walter Krivanek, VividVisions walter.krivanek at vividvisions.com
Tue Jan 22 12:59:48 CET 2008

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Walter Krivanek, VividVisions wrote:
>> Configure seems to expect the MySQL binaries to be in the PATH
>> environment variable, which complicated things for me since I have
>> three
>> different versions of MySQL on my development machine. Another
>> parameter
>> like --with-mysql-bin-dir would be great.
>
>  Setting the PATH for one run of a "configure" script is just as easy.

Yes, but inconsistent. ;-)

>  The only response is to say that your system needs to be fixed so
> that
> the linkers know where the libraries are, and that the list of
> libraries
> available at compile time is the same as what is available at run
> time.

You're right, this seems to be a know problem with some MySQL
installations.
Here's a very interessting article how linking works in Mac OS X: http://www.cocoadev.com/index.pl?ApplicationLinking
  (mostly about Cocoa apps).

>  Run it in debugging mode, and check file permissions.

It works with -x but not with -X or -xx.

Thanks,
Walter