Administering with MySQL DB

liran tal liransgarage at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 15:06:55 CET 2008

Hey Dashmir,

On Jan 28, 2008 2:49 PM, Dashamir Hoxha <dhoxha at albaniaonline.net> wrote:

> Hi Liran,
>
> Please don't get upset. I just tested it out of curiosity and I didn't
> try to make it work at all costs. Maybe the problem was because
> I tested it with freeradius-2,

I get "upset" because I'm dedicating alot of time to be online and help
users than I actually spend on writing new features and improvements
just because I want users to know that I am here for them and there's
really alot of other users who help just as well, there's the mailing
list or the channel on freenode (#daloradius) which you are welcome
to join and ask away.

> and I renamed the table usergroup
> to radusergroup.

Well obviously if you change things like that which are in the core
of the program you will break things but even still I have thought about
these stuff and the table names are configurable so you can rename
it to whatever you want as long as you keep this synced with daloradius.

> Also I noticed that the interface (menus, left
> pane, etc.) is a bit confusing. Trying to insert new attributes and
> values almost never worked for me.

I use daloradius daily as well as other users and saying "almost never
worked for me" is vague - what didn't work? maybe you did something
wrong? maybe this was a bug which got fixed, etc...

> Anyway, if you claim that the latest SVN version is better,
> then I will try to test this one as well, when I have time.
> Thanks for your readiness to fix the bugs and to support it.
> I will let you know about any problems.

Let's indeed move on, I'd appreciate it if you can give the svn
version a try, it might be buggy just because it's SVN and by
definition I try new stuff on it but I also commit fixes straight away
so you really enjoy the latest.

I hope to hear from you again,

Regards,
Liran Tal.