FR on CentOS 5 via yum?

AlexDreadd cmagicj at nni.com
Mon Jul 7 18:58:21 CEST 2008

I've tried doing a yum install of freeRadius on a centos 5 machine, but the
latest version I could get was 1.1.3, which is no longer supported, and
doesn't work properly for my needs.

FR 1.1.3 with mysql 5 gives me these errors:
Error: rlm_sql (sql): stop packet with zero session length.
Info: rlm_sql (sql): There are no DB handles to use! skipped 0, tried to
connect 0

So I was hoping that updating might fix this problem, only to find that I
can't seem to find an update for my machine.
If not via yum, at least is there a repo or RPM for getting it on the
CentOS?
-Alex