modules in unlang unknown?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jul 18 11:24:19 CEST 2008

Norbert Wegener wrote:
> I want to use a second database searching users, when not  found in the
> first one.
> So I have setup two sql modules: sqldef and sqlps.
> In my server configuration there is:
>
> authorize {
>
> group sqlall {
>        if ("%{sqlall:SELECT UserName from radcheck where UserName like

  That... won't work.  The dynamic expansion interface is
(unfortunately) completely separate from the module calling interface.
Fixing that would solve a lot of problems.

> ++? if ("%{sqlall:SELECT UserName from radcheck where UserName like
> '%{User-Name}' }" != "" )^M
> WARNING: Unknown module "sqlall" in string expansion "%{sqlall:SELECT

  The "module" name used for dynamic expansion has to be a real module,
not a group in the configuration files.

> Shouldn't  that module  be known here?

  No.  "sqlall" isn't a module, unfortunately.

> Something wrong with my syntax or something else?

  Something else.

  Once that functionality gets added, any "group" definitions like this
will have to go into the "instantiate" section.