Logging attributes to the regular log

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Jul 19 19:23:11 CEST 2008

  Don't CC me on posts to the list.  I *do* read the list, if you hadn'
already noticed.  And DON'T set "return receipt requested".  It's
annoying.  I generally delete all email which has that set.

Frank Bulk - iNAME wrote:
> According to my NAS' documentation, that longish number is a
> bit-representation of an interface.  Rather than figure out how to call some
> external module to re-write that value into something that looks like "port
> #/#/VP/VC", which seems to be more complex, I would like to print the value
> of "NAS-Port-Id(87) which contains the same information.

  Edit the source code.

> ISC's DHCP is very powerful -- in the configuration file you can define what
> is logged.  See:
> 	http://marc.info/?l=dhcp-users&m=121369168201304&w=2
> for an example.

  That's nice.  It's a completely different piece of software.

> Any ideas?

  Use rlm_linelog to log the information you want to a log file.  The
authentication log message is just the default.  You can always suppress
it, and log exactly the information you want using another module.