Logging attributes to the regular log

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jul 20 08:25:34 CEST 2008

Frank Bulk - iNAME wrote:
> I'll do my best to ignore the abrasive comments.

  Since you make a point of talking about them, I can explain.  Very few
people CC me on posts to the list, and every time they get told that I
still read the list.  Almost no one sets "return receipt requested",
because it's rude to do so.

> I'm not in the position that I can edit the source code.  Is there is a
> feature request form that you can point me to?  This is something that I
> would benefit many others, too.

  bugs.freeradius.org.

> Yes, ISC's DHCP is different, but it's a core networking service just like
> DNS.  Functionality built into one may suggest a feature capability
> appreciated by the broader sysadmins out there.

  Quite frankly, FreeRADIUS is more feature-rich than the ISC server.
The ISC server doesn't include plugins to SQL, LDAP, Perl, Python.  It
isn't modular.  And it doesn't do RADIUS.  (FreeRADIUS does DHCP).

> 'rlm_linelog' doesn't appear to have much documentation -- can someone point
> me in the right direction?

  Configure it:

  linelog {
	filename = ${logdir}/....
	format = "Login OK for %{User-Name} on %{NAS-Port-Id} ..."
  }

  Then list "linelog" anywhere you want the log message to be written
(post-auth, etc.)