Different attributes for different NAS

Albert albertvd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 11:26:23 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am new to RADIUS servers but have configured FreeRADIUS 1.1.3 with
vendor specific attributes and made it work.

Now I have a situation where I have a webpage where a user can see his
usage with authentication from the RADIUS server. I also have a router
with RADIUS authentication allowing access to the network.

When the user logs in to the webpage certain attributes should be send
and the user should be authenticated even if the usage limit for that
month is exceeded.

When the user logs in for network access the user should be restricted
if the usage limit for the month is exceeded.

I've got to the point where the user can no longer login on the router
when the usage limit is exceeded but then the user can also no longer
login to the website.

Is there a way to send certain attributes to the RADIUS client
depending on the NAS the user is authenticating from? If so it would
be much appreciated if you could point me to a solution or some text
which would assist in solving this.

I'm using MySQL as user backend.

Thanks in advance,

Albert