FreeRADIUS 2.0.5 Debian dpkg-buildpackage error

Stephen Gran steve at lobefin.net
Tue Jun 17 23:39:52 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:10:11PM +0200, Giovanni Lovato said:
> orion wrote:
> > 2008/6/13 Giovanni Lovato <giovanni.lovato at aldu.net>:
> >> test -d debian/patched || install -d debian/patched
> >> dpatch  apply-all
> >> applying patch 01-radiusd-to-freeradius to ./ ... failed.
> >> make: *** [patch-stamp] Error 1
> >>
> > hi there.
> > download freeradius as a non-root user.
> > untar the archive.
> > chmod +x -R the untared folder
> > cd to the folder
> > issue dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc as a non-root user.
> > then su and install the deb packages created one directory  up.
>
> Why should I set execute permission to all the tree? It makes no sense.
> Though, the error still occurs.

This means a patch shipped in the tarball that is applied only during
the build process for a debian package no longer cleanly applies.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Never, ever lie to someone you love     |
|  steve at lobefin.net             | unless you're absolutely sure they'll   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | never find out the truth.               |