redundant_sql

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jun 18 15:29:27 CEST 2008

King, Adam wrote:
> I have an if statement that checks if the Packet-Src-IP-Address matches
> that of the ones in the database table and the same process for the
> realm, before processing a user. This works fine to a local database,
> however I need redundancy setting up and it fails to authenticate to the
> second database but it does appear to connect.

  No.  It doesn't connect to the second SQL server.

rlm_sql_mysql: Couldn't connect socket to MySQL server
radius at localhost:radius
rlm_sql_mysql: Mysql error 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through
socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)'

  This is a MySQL error.  See the MySQL documentation for details.