No authentication method (AUth Type) problem.

Andy An andyan at eciad.ca
Thu Jun 19 22:24:22 CEST 2008

Hi:
I am a new guy to deal with freeradius/wireless stuff.

I use freeradius 2.0.5 with LDAP back end.
If I test with radtest (localhost) or with NTRadPing (from another WINXP machine)it works fine(return Access-Accept).
But if I test with MAC Airport as a client and Netgear WG 302 as a AP it fails again and agian no matter how I adjust the configuration file around (e.g. eap.conf, sites-eabled/ldap, radiusd.conf etc.)

Thanks in advance for any help/clue/guide.

P.S.
-----------Mac client settings:
802.1x enabled with PEAP(outer identity: none) and TTLS(inner auth:
mschapv2 outer identity: none)
Security: WPA enterprise

-----------Netgear WG302 settings:
Security: WPA with radius
Data encrypt: TKIP+AES
Auth server port: 1812
Acc server port: 1813

----------- the info cut from the radiusd.-X output:

rlm_ldap: looking for reply items in directory...
WARNING: No "known good" password was found in LDAP.  Are you sure that
the user is configured correctly?
rlm_ldap: user andyan authorized to use remote access
rlm_ldap: ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
++[ldap] returns ok
++[expiration] returns noop
++[logintime] returns noop
++[pap] returns noop
auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
request: Rejecting the user *(It might be problematic from here)*
auth: Failed to validate the user.
  TTLS: Got tunneled Access-Reject
 rlm_eap: Handler failed in EAP/ttls
  rlm_eap: Failed in EAP select
++[eap] returns invalid
auth: Failed to validate the user.
  Found Post-Auth-Type Reject
+- entering group REJECT
        expand: %{User-Name} -> andyan
 attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11
++[attr_filter.access_reject] returns updated
Sending Access-Reject of id 23 to 10.10.10.228 port 1059
        EAP-Message = 0x04050004
        Message-Authenticator = 0x00000000000000000000000000000000
Finished request 5.
Going to the next request