Problem with regular expressions in users file (v.2.0.x)

Massimo Pistoni Massimo.Pistoni at lnf.infn.it
Wed Jun 25 17:32:33 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I was using freeradius version 1.1.1 for a long time on a Scientific
Linux v. 5.1 OS and it works fine.

Now I am trying to update to the new version 2.0.5.
I've converted all the necessary config files (in the /etc/raddb/
directory tree) getting successful authentication.

Unfortunately I 've problems with the regular expressions used in the
users file, that seems to  not work at all.

In my radius.conf file exist the following directives:
regular_expressions = yes
extended_expressions = yes

Moreover the ./configure seems to have found the regex.h module and
included it at compilation time.

The symptom is that the third (but also the fourth for simpler tries) of
the following users statements
does not match in the case of authentication based on a
<username at suffix> style (with Suffix =! "lnf.infn.it"):
DEFAULT             Auth-Type = Kerberos, Suffix == "lnf.infn.it"

DEFAULT             Auth-Type = Kerberos, Suffix == "LNF.INFN.IT"

DEFAULT             Auth-Type := Reject, Suffix =~ "@", Suffix !~
"@(.+\\.|)(infn\\.it|INFN\\.IT)$"

DEFAULT             Auth-Type := Reject, Suffix =~ "@"

I tried several other syntax way, but it seems that regular expressions
are disabled.

The same users file is regularly working in the version 1.1.1 and 1.1.7
installed on the same system.

Can someone help me?

Thanks, bye, Massimo

--

Massimo Pistoni            	phone:  (+39)-06-9403.2372/2355
Computing Service          	fax:    (+39)-06-9403.2649
LNF-INFN                   	e-mail: Massimo.Pistoni at lnf.infn.it
Via Enrico Fermi, 40       	www:    http://www.lnf.infn.it/
I-00044 Frascati, Italy