radrelay.conf in freeradius 2.0.5

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jun 26 15:32:47 CEST 2008

Sanjeeva Rao wrote:
> I have two machines
>   1) Linux server ( freeradius-2.0.5)
>   2) Machine (172.xx.xx.xxx)
> I would like to configure the 2nd machine as virtual server.

  What?

  The virtual servers in 2.0 are configurations, not virtual machines.

> I am trying configure the virtual servers, but could not succeed.
> I made sym-link in the sites-enable/ to the copy-acct-to-home-server.
> Inside this file it says
> "You will have to configure
>  realms, home_server_pool, and home_server in proxy.conf
>  for this to work.

  Thank you for quoting the documentation to the people who wrote it.
You were already told it wasn't necessary.  STOP IT.
> I would request you all to help me to configure the virtual server. Also
> I would like to know the whether radiusd (server) has to be run on the
> virtual server as well?

  You have misunderstood the virtual server functionality in FreeRADIUS.
 You were ALREADY told it was not a virtual machine like vmware.

raddb/sites-available/README.

  If you've used virtual hosts in Apache, this is almost the same
functionality.