2.0.2 Radius stop work with Error...

banga man_gust at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 28 11:01:50 CET 2008

Alan DeKok-4 wrote:

>> Wed Mar 12 18:08:34 2008 : Error: ]event.c:1946] Failed to insert event
>
>   That message should only come if the server runs out of memory, OR the
> time on your system stays the same...
>

>> Did anybody now how I can fix that?
>>
>> The only one way to make radius working is start radius with -X (???).
>
>   Hmm... I don't see why that would help.
>

>> I use next settings:
>> Wed Mar 12 05:45:14 2008 : Debug:       max_requests_per_server = 8192
>
>   Set this to zero.

Hello.
1)
max_requests_per_server = 0
Looks that this setting is better for server, but server again fails after 5
hour of work with the same error :
“Error: ]event.c:1946] Failed to insert event”

]event.c:1946] means [event.c:1946] ? :) .

Server has 2 Gb RAM and I’m sure that it’s not “out of memory”.
May be there some sysctl setting can help server allocate memory a bit
better, but 2 Gb looks quite enough.
2) I use –X like solution, it’s work just fine.
Then I start radius without –X I see only one process. Is it ok? How I
understand it should be at least 30 process because of “start_servers = 30”.
I’m I wrong?
3)
What do you mean then you write “OR the time on your system stays the
same...”
How the time can stays the same ?
4) What is incorrect ??
root@:/etc/raddb# check-radiusd-config
radiusd: The options -i and -p cannot be used individually.
root@:/etc/raddb#
#
listen {
        ipaddr = *
        port = 1813
        type = acct
}
Lokks like this should be ok for radius (I use it only for accounting).

With Regards,
Banga