2.0.2 Radius stop work with Error...

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Mar 28 11:13:13 CET 2008

banga wrote:
> Looks that this setting is better for server, but server again fails after 5
> hour of work with the same error :
> “Error: ]event.c:1946] Failed to insert event”

  Try 2.0.3.  It looks like the timer on your system doesn't have
adequate resolution.  (i.e. it's returning the same time for multiple
calls).  I've committed a fix in 2.0.3 that will avoid this issue.

> 2) I use –X like solution, it’s work just fine.
> Then I start radius without –X I see only one process. Is it ok?

  Yes.

> How I
> understand it should be at least 30 process because of “start_servers = 30”.

  The "-X" means "don't start multiple servers".  So... it doesn't start
multiple servers.

> 3)
> What do you mean then you write “OR the time on your system stays the
> same...”
> How the time can stays the same ?

  Because of the way the OS implements the "get current time" function.

> 4) What is incorrect ??
> root@:/etc/raddb# check-radiusd-config

  Don't run that program.  It has been replaced with the "-C"
command-line option.  See "man radiusd".