problem with postgres and 2.0.4

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 5 16:24:36 CEST 2008

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> anyone else noted this - i'll file a bug if theres
> another noted problem. we are using the database to hold NAS entries.

  Add a "server" column to the schema, or to the query, with NULL value.

> just upgraded to 2.0.4 and radiusd wont start. log shows this:
>
> Mon May  5 14:55:55 2008 : Info: rlm_sql (xbase): Driver rlm_sql_postgresql (module rlm_sql_postgresql) loaded and linked
> Mon May  5 14:55:55 2008 : Info: rlm_sql (xbase): Attempting to connect to radius at localhost:/xbase
> Mon May  5 14:55:55 2008 : Error: sql_postgresql: calling unimplemented function

  There is no "sql_num_rows" function in postgres, which is needed by
the NAS initialization routines.  I guess it should be added.

  see: ... numfields = PQnfields(pg_sock->result)

  in the "query" routine.  Maybe this can be stored in the header, like
'affected_row', and returned...

  As always, patches are welcome.